Monday, August 21, 2006

In the 2WW

So I guess I haven't posted about the actual insemination...! It was relatively straightforward and painless, which I was very glad for. Once I saw the doc pull out the catheter, I started to get a tad anxious based on my only other experience with a catheter in the ole cervix during the HSG procedure. This went much better! I think the whole procedure lasted about 5 minutes, and then they set a timer for 10 minutes, instructed me to lay still till the timer went off, then I was free to go. My husband made a humorous observation that it was like boiling eggs. Set the timer, wait, and voila! In this case, we didn't want my eggs to cook, of course, but this experience was still somewhat analogous in an odd sort of way.

Last night, I started on the Progresterone suppositories. Those are not loads of fun, but I'll do whatever it takes to increase my chances of maintaining a healthy pregnancy. I take them from now on, and even once I have been deemed pregnant. So this is just another daily ritual that I'll have to incorporate into my routine. No biggie.

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes!

2 comments:

Dramalish said...

Definitely excited for you... I remember thinking, "I can't believe I'll take these damn progesterone thingies for months if I'm PG."

It flew in a flash.
I hope you'll be going through the same thing soon.
:)
-D.

beagle said...

Stoping by to wish you lots of luck!